The WHOlanta app via Gather is now live.
The app allows you to create your own schedule as well as (hopefully) answer any questions you have while at the con. This is also the place to get the most up to date schedule info while at the con. If you enable “push notifications,” we can also send you any changes that might happen during the weekend.
Download instructions are below!
Note, while the main schedule is pretty finalized, I will be making edits to the app throughout the week, so things may change. To see changes, click the “Reload Data” button on the side menu.
One error that is know is for iOS users. The Vendors area will crash when you click on any of the vendors to see more info. This has been forwarded to GrowTix to look into. A list of vendors will be added to the “News” section to offset this inconvenience.
Also note, the app can be found in both the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store and should download to your mobile phone with no issues. There doesn’t appear to be an iPad version of the app, so if you want to use that, I suggest Googling “Gather Growtix” on your iPad and the search result should allow you to download a scaled down version of the app for your iPad.
If you see an error in the app, email email@example.com
WHOlanta is happy to partner with Legion M, the world’s first FAN-OWNED entertainment company, to create a meet-up for David Tennant’s newest movie “Bad Samaritan,” in theaters May 4. Lucky for us, the movie has a soft opening on Thursday, May 3rd and that’s when we’re planning on having a viewing party. It’s the perfect kickoff event for WHOlanta 2018!
The theater location is still being determined (think North Atlanta) but Legion M will be giving away swag bags to people who RSVP in advance of the screening. RSVP your spot here:
Legion M wants as many cosplayers and fans to come out for interviews and group photos. There’s also a possibility that these things will get forwarded to David Tennant’s people, who in turn just might show it to David himself!
We should know the theater in a few days and will update this page then.
In the meantime, check out the trailer below and fill out the RSVP form!
Note, a valid movie ticket is required to enter the theater and watch the movie.
Learn more about Legion M here.
The WHOlanta commercial is now making its rounds on TV; RetroTV to be precise. Our friends at RetroTV were kind enough to make a commercial for the convention and it looks spectacular! Don’t believe us, check it out below!
And check out RetroTV at http://www.myretrotv.com/
Here it is! Here is this year’s convention t-shirt. Depicting familiar Atlanta skyscrapers within a Gallifreyan dome, the shirt mixes together elements of Doctor Who with Atlanta’s long running Doctor Who convention.
The shirt will be printed on a brown/dark brown t-shirt (mock up below). Today is the final day for t-shirt pre-orders to guarantee yours. We will have these for sale on site but if last year is any indication, we could sell out of these on Saturday afternoon.
The shirt is available in sizes small to 5XL and range in price from $20-22.
T-Shirt pre-order is now closed. Pick up your shirts at the WHOlanta store. We will also have some for sale at the store.
Pre-order and guarantee your shirt here: https://register.growtix.com/e/wholanta_2018
And don’t forget we’re doing pre-orders on last year’s 2 shirts here
We’ve extended our online membership pre-reg for 2 more days! That means you have until Tuesday, April 17th to get your weekend membership to WHOlanta for just $55.
Heck, use code “Crunchtime” and get $5 off.
After 11:59PM on Tuesday, you’re paying $65 at the door!
Buy ’em here: https://register.growtix.com/e/wholanta_2018
Wibbily Wobbly Timey Wimey
You probably met Heather Daly last year – she and her company WWTW were in our dealers room. WWTW started as a small shop and now offer a full range of doctor who items, as well as a interactive experience with props and, signature commission service. She also brought a collection of Doctor Who characters that we displayed around the convention. This year, she has a whole room to herself where she’ll be setting up a museum-like experience of DW props (some of them screen-used), including dioramas in which you can have your photo taken, like in a tea setting with Madame Vastra and Strax. Entrance to the museum is $5 (to help her cover travel costs) and gives you reentry all weekend.
Here’s some important information to keep in mind as we get closer to the con.
- We are still selling memberships online!
- Adult: $55 weekend membership
- Use code “Crunchtime” to save $5
- Kids 6-12: $20 weekend membership
- We still have VIP Reception spots available. Enjoy some snacks with our attending guests on Friday evening. Entry is $45.
- Online Registration ends April 15th!
- After that, the door price for a weekend badge is $65.
- Buy your membership or VIP reception pass here: https://register.growtix.com/e/wholanta_2018
- We still have some rooms left in our WHOlanta room block.
- Room rate is $104 a night, plus taxes and fees.
- There is an onsite parking fee, but it’s discounted for the convention.
- $5 per day. If you have a room, it gives you unlimited in and out access.
- Online booking ends April 15th!
- Book your room here: WHOlanta Room Block – Hilton Atlanta Airport
- The 2018 Convention T-Shirt contest is now open.
- Deadline to submit is April 13th.
- Full details can be found here
- If you missed out on last year’s WHOlanta shirts (our 2017 contest winner and our logo shirt), then you’re in luck.
- We are doing a limited reprint of both shirts.
- You can order them online and pick them up at the WHOlanta store during the convention.
- You can pre-order this year’s shirt here.
- You can reorder last year’s shirts here.
- We will have some of sale at the con, but in an extremely limited number and cannot guarantee a size unless you order one.
- You have until April 15th to order shirts for pick up at the convention.
And SPOILERS: the Programming grid will be up soon!!!!!!
We’re happy to announce that we are doing a limited reprint of last year’s t-shirts, both the winning design by Christopher J. Sutherland and the WHOlanta logo shirt. Both shirts sold out by Saturday last year, so we’re giving you an opportunity to order one now.
Here’s the deal. Just go to the Shirt Reprints page and select the ones you want to buy. Pick up your shirt from the WHOlanta store during WHOlanta 2018*.
By ordering now, you are guaranteeing you’ll get one at WHOlanta. If you don’t pre-order one, we can’t promise we’ll have one in your size.
Pre-orders close on April 14th.
Not for shipping. Only available for pickup onsite at WHOlanta 2018, May 6-8.
GET YOUR COSTUMES READY for the WHOlanta 2018 Masquerade with our fabulous emcee, the Enterprise’s own Lt. Moxie Magnus! Convention guest and cosplayer extraordinaire and Robin Burks is our Masquerade organizer this year and she’s looking forward to seeing a lot of participants! The Masquerade will take place on Saturday evening at 9 PM. Do you have a favorite character you’d like to show off? Do you and a few friends have a skit you’d like to perform? Use our handy online sign-up form to reserve your spot in the show!
Masquerade Sign Up Form