We’ve extended our online membership pre-reg for 2 more days! That means you have until Tuesday, April 17th to get your weekend membership to WHOlanta for just $55.
Heck, use code “Crunchtime” and get $5 off.
After 11:59PM on Tuesday, you’re paying $65 at the door!
Buy ’em here: https://register.growtix.com/e/wholanta_2018
Wibbily Wobbly Timey Wimey
You probably met Heather Daly last year – she and her company WWTW were in our dealers room. WWTW started as a small shop and now offer a full range of doctor who items, as well as a interactive experience with props and, signature commission service. She also brought a collection of Doctor Who characters that we displayed around the convention. This year, she has a whole room to herself where she’ll be setting up a museum-like experience of DW props (some of them screen-used), including dioramas in which you can have your photo taken, like in a tea setting with Madame Vastra and Strax. Entrance to the museum is $5 (to help her cover travel costs) and gives you reentry all weekend.
Here’s some important information to keep in mind as we get closer to the con.
- We are still selling memberships online!
- Adult: $55 weekend membership
- Use code “Crunchtime” to save $5
- Kids 6-12: $20 weekend membership
- We still have VIP Reception spots available. Enjoy some snacks with our attending guests on Friday evening. Entry is $45.
- Online Registration ends April 15th!
- After that, the door price for a weekend badge is $65.
- Buy your membership or VIP reception pass here: https://register.growtix.com/e/wholanta_2018
- We still have some rooms left in our WHOlanta room block.
- Room rate is $104 a night, plus taxes and fees.
- There is an onsite parking fee, but it’s discounted for the convention.
- $5 per day. If you have a room, it gives you unlimited in and out access.
- Online booking ends April 15th!
- Book your room here: WHOlanta Room Block – Hilton Atlanta Airport
- The 2018 Convention T-Shirt contest is now open.
- Deadline to submit is April 13th.
- Full details can be found here
- If you missed out on last year’s WHOlanta shirts (our 2017 contest winner and our logo shirt), then you’re in luck.
- We are doing a limited reprint of both shirts.
- You can order them online and pick them up at the WHOlanta store during the convention.
- You can pre-order this year’s shirt here.
- You can reorder last year’s shirts here.
- We will have some of sale at the con, but in an extremely limited number and cannot guarantee a size unless you order one.
- You have until April 15th to order shirts for pick up at the convention.
And SPOILERS: the Programming grid will be up soon!!!!!!
We’re happy to announce that we are doing a limited reprint of last year’s t-shirts, both the winning design by Christopher J. Sutherland and the WHOlanta logo shirt. Both shirts sold out by Saturday last year, so we’re giving you an opportunity to order one now.
Here’s the deal. Just go to the Shirt Reprints page and select the ones you want to buy. Pick up your shirt from the WHOlanta store during WHOlanta 2018*.
By ordering now, you are guaranteeing you’ll get one at WHOlanta. If you don’t pre-order one, we can’t promise we’ll have one in your size.
Pre-orders close on April 14th.
Not for shipping. Only available for pickup onsite at WHOlanta 2018, May 6-8.
GET YOUR COSTUMES READY for the WHOlanta 2018 Masquerade with our fabulous emcee, the Enterprise’s own Lt. Moxie Magnus! Convention guest and cosplayer extraordinaire and Robin Burks is our Masquerade organizer this year and she’s looking forward to seeing a lot of participants! The Masquerade will take place on Saturday evening at 9 PM. Do you have a favorite character you’d like to show off? Do you and a few friends have a skit you’d like to perform? Use our handy online sign-up form to reserve your spot in the show!
Masquerade Sign Up Form
Today marks TWO 13th anniversaries! On this day in 2005, Doctor Who was revived on television after a long absence with the debut of “Rose” on BBC1, starring Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper. Since then, we’ve had three further Doctors and another one – the 13th – will be making her debut later this year.
Also on this day in 2005, a little one-day con called TimeGate held its very first event! Since then, the event has grown and morphed into what is now called WHOlanta, featuring the best of Doctor Who and British Programming. We haven’t yet had Christopher Eccleston or Billie Piper as guests, but who knows – maybe one day! Thank you all for joining us on this 13-year adventure! We’ve got another great con planned for you in about five weeks, May 4-6, so we hope you join us! If you’ve not bought your tickets yet or booked your hotel room, you can do so on the website now. See you in May – we’ll be celebrating our 13th Doctor in our 13th year!
Email your winning design to email@example.com
You can use either one of these logos below in your design:
Welcome back to WHOlanta PixelWho!! Nathan Skreslet and Ly Cao will be returning to our con again this year, bringing both their amazing personalities and their stunning pixel recreations of the worlds of Doctor Who! Nathan, a graphic artist by trade, has done book cover designs for several Doctor Who short fiction anthologies and several episode and merchandise guides, as well as a series of novellas published by Telos books. PixelWho also provided artwork fora multi-level storyline in the BBC’s mobile app Doctor Who: Legacy. You’ll see Ly and Nathan at their table and on various panels. You can read more about them – and all our guests – on the Guests page of our website!
WHOlanta’s R. Alan Siler appears on the new episode of Discussing Who and gives a little history of WHOlanta as well as a preview of this year’s convention! Also previewed is the new book Children of Time: The Companions of Doctor Who, and he drops some exclusive news about that as well! The DW guys also draw him into a discussion about Star Trek, too, which he didn’t mind at all. Check out this episode at: