The WHOlanta 2017 ticketing system is now live at https://register.growtix.com/e/wholanta
We are pleased to partner with GrowTix to provide you guys with a speedy and efficient ticketing service this year. Currently, weekend memberships at $45 (+ fees) through the end of the year. Children memberships for ages 6-12 are $20 and children memberships for ages 0-6 are free with a paying adult.
We’ve expanded the VIP offering this year due to popular demand. This year we are offering the High Council of Gallifrey VIP membership. For $200 ($120 for children 6-12, free for 0-6 with paying adult VIP membership), you will receive: A full weekend badge to WHOlanta, a specially designed badge, Exclusive VIP Reception with Guests of Honor, Digital Group Photo at Reception with Guests of Honor, Reserved seating in all Main Events, Convention T-Shirt, and 1 Autograph or Photograph Ticket with 1 guest of your choice at the Convention. VIP tickets are on a first come, first serve basis and once they’re gone, they’re gone.
Also live is the Marriott hotel reservation link for 2017. The 2017 room will be $99 a night plus taxes and fees. Book your hotel here. The room block does fill up so book early. You’ll have to use a credit card to reserve the room but you will not be charged until check in.
All membership sales through GrowTix have fees that are associated with GrowTix (That’s the kind of world we live in nowadays). Please note these fees come from GrowTix and WHOlanta does not receive any of the fees charged by GrowTix.
If you purchased a membership for WHOlanta 2017 at TimeGate 2016 and wish to upgrade to the VIP package, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re very proud to announce that WHOlanta is the official sponsor of Dragon Con’s BritTrack! The BritTrack covers all pop culture related fandom from the United Kingdom; from television shows (Doctor Who, Torchwood, Red Dwarf, Sherlock, Being Human, Monty Python, and etc) to music (David Bowie) to film (Hammer Horror, James Bond, etc) to literature (Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, Warren Ellis, etc) to travel, if it is created in the UK the BritTrack talks about it, shares it, honors it, celebrates it, or shows it. WHOlanta is very proud to be partnering with BritTrack in an active way this year. Come visit us at our table in the BritTrack room (Athens in the Sheraton) and purchase your 2017 WHOlanta membership! See you at the Con!
We’ve regenerated! After 11 fantastic years, we’re moving into the future with a bold new identity! Much of what you’ve come to expect from us will remain the same, but we’ll also be looking at exploring new and exciting dimensions. And we’ve got some excellent guests to help us celebrate our rebirth! First up is Sixth Doctor himself, COLIN BAKER. Mr. Baker first visited us in 2013, and has become a great friend and supporter of our convention, and it seemed most appropriate for us to have him back to kick off the next phase of our convention. Joining him for her first visit to Atlanta is LOUISE JAMESON, who in 2017 will be celebrating the 40th Anniversary of her debut as Leela in 1977’s “The Face of Evil.” And that’s not all! We’ll have more fabulous Guest announcements throughout the year, so please stay tuned and join us for WHOlanta in May 2017 for what we promise will be “the trip of a lifetime”!
Hope everyone had a fantastic TimeGate 2016! Now tell us how we did. There are two different surveys you can fill out – surveys for individual panels and an overall convention survey. Each survey will redirect you to a Google Form. If you have a few minutes, please take some time to fill out both.
Panel Survey – This covers particular panels you attended. If you can’t remember the particular panel name, try to be descriptive as possible.
Overall Convention Survey – This survey covers everything from the panels to the hotel to everything else!
TimeGate 2016 is right around the corner. Here are some helpful tips and some great information to know. *This may get updated if we missed anything*
- The convention is not sold out! There are still plenty of weekend and 1 day badges available at the door.
- Once you’ve parked and entered the hotel, head immediately to registration to pick up/buy your weekend/day membership.
- Registration opens at 4 on Friday. The convention officially kicks off at 6.
- With that said, here’s what each day costs:
- Weekend badges are $65
- Friday badges are $25
- Saturday badges are $40
- Sunday badges are $30
- If you pre-ordered a t-shirt, these will be available for pickup at the TimeGate store.
- IF YOU DIDN’T PRE-ORDER your t-shirt, autograph ticket, or photograph ticket. these will all be sold at the TimeGate store, located right outside Main Programming.
- If you pre-ordered your autograph or photographs, pick up your tickets at the TimeGate store. When it’s time for your autograph or photograph session, head to the Centennial D.
- There are no assigned times to choose from this year for autographs and photographs. You are free to choose whatever time works for you based on the schedule that’s posted (i.e. so if Paul McGann is signing at noon on both Saturday and Sunday, you can go to either one).
- The photos from the photo session will be printed on site. Give a few hours after your session to pick up your photos. This should give you plenty of time to have the guest sign your photo.
- Are you a TimeGate Immortal Member? Then you get to hang out with the guests at your own private reception on Friday at 6:30 PM in Main Programming. You also get front row seating at all panels in Main Programming.
- The VIP reception will take place in Main Programming and allows you to rub elbows with this year’s guests. This takes place at 7 PM on Friday. We still have some tickets available, so if you want to attend, you can buy your ticket at the TimeGate store.
- No flash photography is allowed at the reception.
- The Marriott Century Center still has rooms available. You can call the hotel to see if you can get the TimeGate room rate of $94 but technically our room rate closed on May 13th.
- The hotel has quiet hours starting at 10 PM in the main lobby, so try and keep it down. But back in the programming rooms? Be as loud as you want (not really, but you get the idea).
- There is free onsite parking for the con. If the lot fills up, overflow parking is available across the street at the office complex.
- There will be program books available at registration. There will also be a digital copy linked to the app.
- There’s an app! It’s been submitted to the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Windows Phone store. Updates will be available throughout the entire weekend.
- The schedule will be printed out and on display at the Information Services desk. Any updates to the schedule will be posted there.
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter all weekend. Also share your photos with us during and after the con.
- Use #TimeGate2016 whenever you reference us on social media!
- Make sure you’re following us on Twitter because we may live stream some of the con!
- MarksterCon’s Time Lord Party III is for ages 18+.
- We do have a Kids Track that has programming schedule throughout the weekend. Definitely go check them out. They’ve got some fun stuff planned!
- TimeGate has a ConSuite. What does that mean? If you are feeling peckish and don’t want to leave the hotel for a snack, visit room 1508 and grab a quick bite. Hotel Rules: The hotel does not want any food from the con suite on the first floor. They’re being extremely gracious by letting us have a con suite, so let’s not push our luck with the hotel.
- The hotel restaurant will be selling Grab n Go lunches in case you don’t have time between panels to have a sit down meal.
- Have a question? Head to Information Services. They’re located right off the main hallway on your way to the two video rooms. Can’t miss ’em.
- The Masquerade and Cabaret are both on Saturday this year.
- Sign up sheets for the Masquerade are available at the Information Services desk.
- The Cabaret is on Saturday night. Like always, admission to the cabaret is $5 and all proceeds go to charity. This event is rated PG but we can’t always control the actors so a bad word may slip out every once in a while.
- Gallifrey Game Night on Saturday night is for the 21 and older crowd (sorry kiddos):
- Gallifrey Game Night – Similar to Hollywood game night, but on Gallifrey – and with our celebrity guests.
- We have two new games running during the convention:
- The BBC Quiz Show will be Saturday from 11:30AM-12:30 PM in the back half of Main Programming.
- The “Find the Doctor! Choose Your Own Adventure Game” will start at 2PM on Saturday in Decatur 1.
- There is a wrap up panel on Sunday at 6. Tell us how we did. Shower me with praise. There will also be a few announcements that you’ll be the first to hear!
- Remember to have fun. This is going to be a great con and we are so excited for everything planned this weekend!
Time is running out. We are less than a month away from this year’s convention and pre-registration and pre-sales end this Saturday. Have you done everything to prep for one of the best weekend’s of the year?
Here’s a rundown:
- Buy your badge! Weekend Membership is only $50 until this Saturday. At the door, it will be $65. Buy your membership through EventBrite
- Book your hotel. Our con rate is $94 a night. If you booked outside the con, it will be $156 a night. Do the right thing: Book the con rate!
- Take care of your autograph and photographs
- Join us for our VIP reception happening Friday night. Kick off TimeGate weekend by spending some time with this year’s guests. More info here. Buy tickets here.
More info will be published as we get closer to the con. The schedule should go live on Monday, May 2nd. The app should be available in a few weeks. And keep an eye on your inbox for the monthly newsletter.
You’ll be taken to the PreSales EventBrite page. Happy shopping!
Autograph and Photograph sales are now available.
Click the link below and then click the green button that says “Get Tickets”:
Join us for the VIP Reception of Rassilon, happening Friday, May 27th at 7:00 PM. This is your chance to mingle with Paul McGann, Terry Molloy, Nick Briggs, Jason Haigh-Ellery, and the rest of this year’s TimeGate Guests while enjoying some light hors d’oeuvres.
*Please note that attending guests are subject to availability. The $40 entry fee is separate from a Weekend or Daily membership and a membership and a paid ticket is required to gain entry into reception. TimeGate Immortal members get into the reception for free and are allowed access to the reception at 6:30 PM.
**No charge for children age 5 and under
***No photography or autographs allowed during this event.
Friday Only – $25
Saturday Only – $40
Sunday Only – $30
Full Weekend Memberships are still only $50. Pre-reg closes on May 7th. Once pre-reg closes, a full weekend membership will be $65 at the door. One day passes will also be available at the door.
And don’t forget a Friday Only or Weekend badge will get you into Atlanta’s TIME LORD PARTY III on Friday, May 27th, hosted by Markster Con.
Buy your memberships at www.timegate2016.eventbrite.com