Announced at DragonCon: WHOlanta 2018 will be blessed by the extraordinary talent that is Director RACHEL TALALAY, fresh off of her stint as director of the Capaldi-era of Doctor Who. Talalay directed the finales for all three of Peter Capaldi’s seasons: “Dark Water” and “Death in Heaven” for Series Eight, “Heaven Sent” and Hell Bent” for Series Nine, and “World Enough and Time” and “the Doctor Falls” for Series Ten. She has also completed work helming the 2018 Christmas episode and Capaldi swansong, “Twice Upon a Time.” She also has an impressive resume behind her — visit our Guests page to read more about her. She will be doing Q&As on our main stage each day and will be available for autographs and photo ops. This is going to be a rare opportunity to hear how Doctor Who is made from someone directly behind the camera. Don’t miss it!
Visit the GUESTS page
Purchase your TICKETS
Book your HOTEL
She was unable to attend WHOlanta in 2017 but asked that we please invite her back for 2018, and honestly, how could we say no? We’re very pleased to say that LOUISE JAMESON will be joining us at WHOlanta next year! Louise, of course, is best-known for playing Leela in 1977-78 alongside Tom Baker as the Doctor in Seasons 14 and 15. She has also reprised Leela in numerous Big Finish productions, including new Fourth Doctor stories with Tom Baker and in the long-running political thriller Gallifrey, with Lalla Ward as Romana and John Leeson as K9. Louise will be doing autographs and photo-ops all weekend and will be doing Q&As on Saturday and Sunday. Don’t miss her talking about her remarkable career in film, television, and theatre.
Visit the GUESTS page
Purchase your TICKETS
Book your HOTEL
We’re very pleased to welcome author Robin Burks for her first visit to WHOlanta! Robin is an entertainment writer, published author, avid con-goer and cosplayer. She currently writes for ScreenRant, The Things and FanGirlConfessions.com. Robin is also the author of a series of speculative fiction novels: Zeus, Inc.; The Curse of Hekate; and Return of The Titans. In 2014, Indie Reader named the protagonist of that series, Alex Grosjean, as one of its Top Five Smart, Strong and Relatable Female Characters. Robin, who currently lives in Missouri with her five cats, loves all things French and has a serious obsession with Doctor Who. You’ll find Robin all around the convention, doing panels in our Literary, Costuming and Doctor Who tracks. She’ll be joining Moxie Magnus, Courtland Lewis, Joshua Wilson, Jennifer Hartshorn and the good folks from RetroTV and Earth Station Who Podcast.
Visit our Guests page to learn more about all these folks.
And stay tuned — we have more Guest announcements coming very soon!
Tuesday, Aug 8: We are joining Half Price Books in Decatur, GA to celebrate Dalek Day! HPB will have Dalek snacks on hand and will be handing out discount coupons. We’ll be running a trivia contest at 6:30 where you can win store gift cards. Also, author R. Alan Siler will be signing copies of his book Doctor Who’s Greatest Hits: A Guide to the Best Stories From Time and Space from 4:00 – 6:00. You can get more information and RSVP for it here:
Thursday, Aug 17: Join us at the Regal Hollywood 24 theater for RiffTrax LIVE: “The Five Doctors”. The Doctor is in the house! The RiffTrax house, that is! The stars of Mystery Science Theater 3000®, Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett, are back on the big screen for a legendary riffing of the 1983 Doctor Who film “The Five Doctors.” Join WHOlanta at the Regal Hollywood 24 on Thursday, August 17th for this special event. We’ll have a trivia contest and giveaways. More info and RSVP:
WHOlanta 2018 tickets are now live!
Visit https://register.growtix.com/e/wholanta_2018 to purchase yours.
For a breakdown of the different ticket types, visit the Membership page
It took a little time, but at long last, we’re able to announce our dates and venue for our 2018 convention!
In 2017 we changed from our long-held Memorial Day weekend dates to the first weekend in May. We’ll be staying with that for the coming year as well. WHOlanta 2018 will be May 4 – 6, 2018. Admission is currently $45 for a full weekend badge, and you can get that on our Membership page.
However, we will be moving to a new hotel–specifically the beautiful Hilton Atlanta Airport. In the words of Stefon, “This place has everything!” We have an amazing amount of function space, there are lots of great food options on site plus other ones nearby, and it’s very easy to access from MARTA and from the airport. Plus, the function space is undergoing a huge renovation so the already gorgeous space is going to look even more amazing for us. You can get more info and photos on our Hotel page.
We hope you’ll be joining us for this next chapter in our history!
Thank you to everyone who attended WHOlanta in 2017 and made it such an amazing experience! Thanks especially to Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant, Camille Coduri, Jamie Mathieson, Louis Robinson, Kelly Yates, Moxie Magnus and all our other fabulous guests for being such wonderful people and being so friendly and generous with our audience. And now we make plans for 2018!
We have some details that we need to attend to before we can start making announcements about our 2018 convention, but we’re working hard on it so it won’t be too much longer! Stay tuned to our website, our Facebook page and group, our Twitter feed, and our monthly-ish newsletter to make sure you see announcements as they come!
Thanks again! We’ll see you in 2018!
That’s it! WHOlanta 2017 is now over! And it was a blast! I hope all you guys had fun and created some wonderful memories
Let us know how we did! Submit your panel reviews now: Panel Review Form
Review every aspect of the con here, from the tracks to the hotel to the guests: Overall Convention Review Form
Your feedback is extremely important to us as we read every review and will make changes for the overall betterment of the convention!
WHOlanta 2017 is right around the corner. Here are some helpful tips and some great information to know. *This may get updated if we missed anything*
- The convention is not sold out! There are still plenty of weekend and 1 day badges available at the door.
- Once you’ve parked and entered the hotel, head immediately to registration to pick up/buy your weekend/day membership.
- Registration opens at 4PM on Friday. 2PM for Press. The convention officially kicks off at 6PM with Opening Ceremonies.
- With that said, here’s what each day costs:
- Weekend badges are $65
- Friday badges are $25
- Saturday badges are $40
- Sunday badges are $30
- If you pre-ordered a t-shirt, these will be available for pickup at the WHOlanta store.
- IF YOU DIDN’T PRE-ORDER your t-shirt, autograph ticket, or photograph ticket. these will all be sold at the WHOlanta store, located right outside Main Programming.
- If you pre-ordered your autograph or photographs, pick up your tickets at the WHOlanta store. When it’s time for your autograph or photograph session, head to the Centennial D.
- There are no assigned times to choose from this year for autographs and photographs. You are free to choose whatever time works for you based on the schedule that’s posted (i.e. so if Colin Baker is signing at noon on both Saturday and Sunday, you can go to either one).
- The photos from the photo session will be printed on site. Give a few hours after your session to pick up your photos. This should give you plenty of time to have the guest sign your photo.
- Are you a WHOlanta Immortal Member or VIP member? Then you get front row (or priority) seating at all panels in Main Programming (must be seated within the first 5 minutes of the panel starting. After that, it’s fair game to anyone).
- The Immortal & VIP reception will take place in Main Programming and allows you to rub elbows with this year’s guests. This takes place at 7 PM on Friday. We still have some tickets available, so if you want to attend, you can buy your ticket at the WHOlanta store.
- No flash photography is allowed at the reception.
- A group photo will be taken near the end of the reception and will be emailed to all attendees.
- The Marriott Century Center is sold out of the WHOlanta room block. You can call the hotel to see if there are any rooms available at the full rate. There are also neighboring hotels. Visit the hotel page of the website for more information.
- The hotel has quiet hours starting at 10 PM in the main lobby, so try and keep it down.
- There is free onsite parking for the con. If the lot fills up, overflow parking is available across the street at the office complex.
- There will be program books available at registration. There will also be a digital copy linked to the app.
- There’s an app! It’s available in the Gather App in the Apple App Store and in Google Play. This is where the most up to date schedule will be. Updates will be available throughout the entire weekend.
- The schedule will be printed out and on display at the Information Services desk. Any updates to the schedule will be posted there.
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram all weekend. Also share your photos with us during and after the con.
- Use #WHOlanta2017 whenever you reference us on social media!
- Use #BringingSixieBack when you post a photo with Colin!
- Make sure you’re following us on Twitter because we may live stream some of the con!
- We do have a Kids Track that has programming schedule throughout the weekend. Definitely go check them out. They’ve got some fun stuff planned!
- WHOlanta has a ConSuite. What does that mean? If you are feeling peckish and don’t want to leave the hotel for a snack, visit room 1508 and the Magnolia room and grab a quick bite. Hotel Rules: The hotel does not want any food from the con suite on the first floor. They’re being extremely gracious by letting us have a con suite, so let’s not push our luck with the hotel.
- The hotel restaurant will be selling Grab n Go lunches in case you don’t have time between panels to have a sit down meal. This is scheduled from 11:30-3:30 on Saturday and Sunday.
- Have a question? Head to Information Services. They’re located right off the main hallway on your way to the two video rooms. Can’t miss ’em.
- The Masquerade and Cabaret are both on Saturday this year and are one event.
- Sign up sheets for the Masquerade are available at the Information Services desk.
- The Cabaret & Masquerade is on Saturday night. Like always, admission to the cabaret is $5 and all proceeds go to charity. This event is rated PG but we can’t always control the actors so a bad word may slip out every once in a while.
- This year’s concert is a local David Bowie tribute band and that’s happening on Friday night!
- Gallifrey Game Night on Saturday night is for the 21 and older crowd (sorry kiddos):
- Gallifrey Game Night – Similar to Hollywood game night, but on Gallifrey – and with our celebrity guests.
- Our dance this year is the “Dance on the Orient Express,” inspired by Jamie Mathieson’s episode “Mummy on the Orient Express.”
- It starts at 10:30 ish on Saturday (ish depending on the hotel rearranging the room on time).
- Open to all ages. Those under 12 need a parent or guardian.
- We’re encouraging 1920’s dress but cosplay or regular clothes works too!
- There is a wrap up panel on Sunday at 6. Tell us how we did. Shower me with praise. There will also be a few announcements that you’ll be the first to hear!
- Remember to have fun. This is going to be a great con and we are so excited for everything planned this weekend!
Here’s the schedule for what’s open when: