WHOlanta 2019 is right around the corner. Here are some helpful tips and some great information to know. *This may get updated if we missed anything*
- The convention is not sold out! There are still plenty of weekend and 1 day badges available at the door.
- Once you’ve parked and entered the hotel, head immediately to registration to pick up/buy your weekend/day membership.
- If you park on the back side of the hotel, take the escalator up to the main lobby, walk to the front doors (but don’t go out them!) and swing a left around the concierge stand.
- Registration opens at 4PM on Friday. The convention officially kicks off at 6PM with Opening Ceremonies.
- Registration Hours:
- Fri., 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Sat., 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Sun., 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- With that said, here’s what each day costs:
- Weekend badges are $65
- Friday badges are $25
- Saturday badges are $40
- Sunday badges are $35
- Child 6-12 Weekend badges are $20
- Child 0-5 are free.
- WHOlanta T-shirts will all be sold at the WHOlanta store, located right outside of the Dealers Hall in the Main Atrium. In addition to this year’s t-shirt, we have a few reprints of the past shirts for sale, in limited quantity and limited sizes.
- WHOlanta store hours are below:
- Fri., 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Sat., 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Sun., 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Autograph or photographs can be purchased at the WHOlanta store. Look at the times available for each session (either via the app or the poster on the wall)
- When it’s time for your autograph, head to the Main Atrium for the autographing table (to the left of the WHOlanta store)
- When it’s time for you photo op, head to the Allatoona room.
- There are no assigned times to choose from this year for autographs and photographs. You are free to choose whatever time works for you based on the schedule that’s posted (i.e. so if Janet is signing at noon on both Saturday and Sunday, you can go to either one).
- The photos from the photo session will be printed on site. Give a few hours after your session to pick up your photos. This should give you plenty of time if you wanted your photo autographed.
- Speaking of photos, our photographer this year is Nikki Rau-Baker from Geek Behind the Lens. In addition to taking your photo with the guest, Nikki is also offering cosplay photo shoots.
- Cosplay photos are $15 per session – this will include 4-6 shutter clicks per session to give the attendee a variety of poses to choose from. One pose will be chosen, edited, and printed.
- Sessions are limited to 3 people for best quality of poses.
- The $15 price includes one (1) 8×10 print
- Additional prints may be purchased for $10 for first print, $7 for any print after that.
- High-res JPG can be added on for $10
- Payment can be made via cash or credit
- Dealers Room hours:
- Fri., 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Sat., 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Sun., 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Information Services. Need to know where something is? Need to see a giant schedule? Need help with anything? See them.
- Fri., 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Sat., 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Sun., 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- After Opening Ceremonies, we will have our WHOlanta Newbies Tour. Those that wish to take the tour (even if you’re not a newbie, stay in the Main Programming and wait for the tour to start. Feel free to ask any and all questions that come to mind.
- The Immortal reception will take place after Opening Ceremonies and is from 6:30 PM – 7:15 PM.
- The VIP reception will take place in Main Programming and allows you to rub elbows with this year’s guests. This takes place at 7:30 PM on Friday. We still have some tickets available, so if you want to attend, you can buy your ticket at the WHOlanta store for $45.
- No photography is allowed at the reception.
- A group photo will be taken near the end of the reception and will be emailed to all attendees.
- The Hilton Atlanta Airport is should still have some rooms left in our WHOlanta room block. Call the hotel to see: (404) 767-9000. Our rate is $109 a night plus taxes and fees.
- The hotel may ask to place a hold on your credit card for incidentals (i.e. charging things to the room). The hold will be released a week to two weeks after you check out. You can decline the hold at check in – just let the hotel know.
- There is a parking fee at this hotel. Normally the day rate is $19. WHOlanta attendees pay $5 a day for parking.
- In regards to parking, are you:
- Staying at the hotel? If so, the $5 rate will be applied to your room bill. Just let the front desk know you have a car onsite and that you are with the convention. Because you are staying at the hotel, you will have unlimited in and out privileges.
- Driving to the hotel daily? If so, grab your parking ticket and park as you normally would. Before you leave, grab a ticket voucher from either the Concierge stand, Registration, Information Services, or the WHOlanta store.. When you leave the con, drive up to the exit gate. FIRST insert YOUR parking ticket (the one you got when you arrived). THEN insert the discount parking voucher you got at the con. This will take the cost to $5. From there, pay with either cash or credit card. NOTE: You do not have in and out privileges. If you leave for dinner and come back, you’ll have to pay $5 each time you leave (meaning grabbing 2 ticket vouchers). If you are driving all 3 days to the con, you will need to get a voucher each day.
- In the event the hotel parking lot is full, there is an overflow lot around the corner from the hotel. If you leave the hotel, turn LEFT onto Virginia Avenue and LEFT onto International Boulevard. The lot is across the street from the Delta Community Credit Union Drive Thru Teller Machines. This is not a paid lot. Do not leave your valuables in plain site. The hotel shuttle can come and pick you up if you call the hotel, or it’s a short walk to the hotel.
- There will be program books available at registration. There will also be a digital copy linked to the app.
- There’s an app for your mobile device! It’s available in the Gather App in the Apple App Store and in Google Play (search “Gather Growtix” for Android, search “Gather Mediaone” for iOS). This is where the most up to date schedule will be. Updates will be available throughout the entire weekend.
- Note the app is designed to work with the most recent updates on your phone so make sure you’re running the most current or near current software. I can’t promise the app will work on your iPhone 2 or your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- The schedule will be printed out and on display at the Information Services desk. Any updates to the schedule will be posted there.
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram all weekend. Also share your photos with us during and after the con.
- Use #WHOlanta2019 whenever you reference us on social media!
- Make sure you’re following us on Twitter because we may live stream some of the con!
- We will have a WHOlanta Facebook Frame that you can use on your profile photo. You can also take a photo with your camera with this same frame. More info coming soon.
- We do have a Kids Track that has programming scheduled on Saturday and Sunday. Definitely go check them out. They’ve got some fun stuff planned!
- WHOlanta has a ConSuite. What does that mean? If you are feeling peckish and don’t want to leave the hotel for a snack, visit room 1502 and grab a quick bite. Hotel Rules: The hotel does not want any food from the con suite on the first floor. They’re being extremely gracious by letting us have a con suite, so let’s not push our luck with the hotel.
- The hotel has a 24 hour Grab n Go area by the front desk. The Grab n Go will have .99 breakfast burritos for sale during breakfast.
- The hotel will also have grab and go meals in the main atrium in case you don’t have time between panels to have a sit down meal.
- Saturday – They will have lunch and dinner available for purchase.
- There will be a cash bar in the atrium after 6PM on Friday and Saturday
- The Cabaret is on Saturday this year.
- The Cabaret is on Saturday night. Like always, admission to the cabaret is $5 and all proceeds go to charity. This event is rated PG but we can’t always control the actors so a bad word may slip out every once in a while.
- “The Last Dance on Gallifrey” is in Main Programming.
- Cosplay encouraged but dress in what makes you comfortable (not that comfortable though.)
- Open to all ages. Those under 12 need a parent or guardian.
- STAY STAY STAY until the very end to see the WHOlanta Video Retrospective. We go through the past 14 years of TimeGate/WHOlanta. Who knows, there may be a few surprises in store if you stay.
- There is a wrap up panel on Sunday at 6. Come and say goodbye to the last 14 years.
- Remember to have fun. This is going to be a great final con and we are so excited for everything planned this weekend!